30.12.07

Ó caramba, porque estás tão longe?*

Se soubesse o que sei hoje, em vez de escolher uma faixa do Blue (foi a Case of you, não foi? também se adequa, ainda assim) como fiz (só porque era o meu álbum preferido da Joni), punha na compilação que te ofereci esta do Court and Spark, porque dá-me a ideia que, mesmo em 1974, ela escreveu-a a pensar em ti e em nós.

Joni Mitchell :: Help me

Help me.
I think I'm falling in love again.
When I get that crazy feeling, I know
I'm in trouble again.
I'm in trouble
cause you're a rambler and a gambler
And a sweet-talking-ladies man
And you love your lovin,
But not like you love your freedom.

Help me.
Help me.
I think I'm falling
In love too fast,
It's got me hoping for the future
And worrying about the past.
cause I've seen some hot hot blazes
Come down to smoke and ash.
We love our lovin',
But not like we love our freedom.

Didn't it feel good,
We were sitting there talking,
Or lying there not talking,
Didn't it feel good?
You dance with the lady,
With the hole in her stocking,
Didn't it feel good?
Didn't it feel good?

Help me,
I think I'm falling in love with you.
Are you going to let me go there by myself,
That's such a lonely thing to do.
Both of us flirting around,
Flirting and flirting,
Hurting too.
We love our lovin,
But not like we love our freedom.

*
O idiota que inventou o "longe da vista, longe do coração" devia ser torturado até à morte, de olhos vendados com um ferro com a ponta em brasa a queimar-lhe o peito, a ver se ele acha mesmo que o longe da vista significa realmente longe do coração.

No comments: